Responsible for driving delivery vehicles and/or operating truck-trailer combinations to transport and deliver materials to customer sites. Adheres to driver safety/compliance regulations, delivers un-damaged goods on schedule, and provides professional service to customers. CDL delivery specialists drive vehicles weighing greater than 26,000 pounds and may tow vehicles or trailers greater than 10,000 pounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) May load or assist with loading and appropriately securing product, materials, or supplies inside delivery vehicle.
2) Delivers customer orders to specified delivery site. Maneuvers vehicles into loading or unloading positions and ensures that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned. Assists customers with unloading materials safely and accurately. Takes all precautions to protect the product and the customer’s property.
3) Verifies order details and maintains logs of delivery duties including amounts and/or weights of items, mileage and locations of deliveries. Checks items against invoice to ensure order accuracy.
4) Acts as a customer service liaison between ProBuild and the site customer. Handles customer concerns and helps resolve issues as they arise.
5) Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of delivery vehicles; performs routine safety checks to ensure vehicles comply with company guidelines.
6) Required to use hand held devices, except for while driving, to ensure compliance with DVIR and HOS.
7) Maintain hours of service logs and pre/post trip inspection procedures.
8) May perform credit/product return pick-ups and related paperwork.
9) Operate a Forklift or non-motorized material handling equipment to load and off load materials to designated areas.
10) Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co- workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
11) Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED, 21+ years old, valid driver’s license and a class A CDL license. A minimum of 1 year of delivery driving experience. 2 years of CDL driving experience strongly preferred.
*Valid driver’s license
*Class A CDL license
*Pass MVR report
*Obtain a DOT medical card
*Basic math & measurement skills
*Ability to read and speak the English language
Relationship Building: Builds working relationships and seeks to resolve issues constructively. Teamwork: Knows and supports teammates’ work and deliverables. Encourages team unity through sharing information or expertise.
Customer Focus: Listens to, anticipates and responds to customer needs.
Conflict Resolution: Manages difficult situations professionally and partners with others to achieve mutually beneficial results.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
-Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
-Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds frequently and on occasion may be required to lift and – carry, with assistance, up to 200 pounds.
-May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.
-Must be able to physically operate delivery vehicles (climb up and down into cab or climb on top of load, twist torso for 360 degree visibility, use arms to operate controls, etc.).
Requisition ID: 033238
Source: Houston Forklift Safety
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://my.jobs/574c844340c24089b4d510904922251419 →