- Dress code is “Casual”. (Please note that “casual” does not mean you should dress like you were lounging around the house or headed to the beach). Shorts and jeans are allowed but “cutoffs” are not. The photos above are good example of what “casual” looks like in a warehouse setting.
- You don’t need work boots or steel toed shoes but CLOSE TOED SHOES WITH NON-SKID SOLES ARE REQUIRED!!! OSHA does not allow us to put people on the forklift if we can see their toes or if we can see the toes of their socks. We are also not allowed to let people on the forklift if they are wearing boots or shoes with slick leather soles.
- PPE (gloves, safety shoes, hard hats, etc.) are optional for this training. You can bring them if you want but, they are not a requirement for this class.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- The training starts promptly at 9:00 am. Please don’t be late because OSHA is very specific about the training requirements and, if you miss too much of the class, we cannot pass you
- Expect to be here for 3-4 hours. The class is usually over in 3 hours (±30-minutes) but, because of variances in class size and operator experience, there are times when the class runs a little long. We cannot control how many people show up and some students are more experienced than others.
- Cell phones should be turned off or on silent. OSHA requires the Trainer to evaluate the “transfer of knowledge” that is taking place. It is difficult, if not impossible to do, when a student spends a significant amount of time staring at their phone. We will not take them up and we will not embarrass you but, please be advised, that you might not pass if what is happening on your phone is more important than what is happening in this class.
- A written test MAY be given. Most tests we give are a combination of verbal testing and student Q&A but, on certain occasions, the Trainer is required to give a written test. These “random tests” are documents we might need during an OSHA audit.
- You will be using a forklift to lift, stack and move pallets. The Trainer will work with you as you complete a series of maneuvers while driving the forklift. this is the “hands-on” part of your training.
WHEN TRAINING IS OVER
- You will receive a Certificate of Completion and a Wallet Card when you successfully complete the hands-on portion of this training.
- Please note that additional training may be required before the certificate and wallet cards are issued.